Family Matters.
When It Really Matters.

Domestic Violence in a Carlsbad Divorce Case

On Behalf of | Oct 29, 2019 | Domestic Violence

What are the potential impacts of domestic violence in a Carlsbad divorce case?   If you are the victim of domestic violence the experienced Certified Family Law Specialists at Burke & Domercq work quickly to protect you and your children and seek temporary or permanent protective orders.  Domestic violence can impact everything from spousal support to presence of the abusive spouse in the family home.

If you are wrongfully accused of domestic violence it is important to act quickly to protect your short and long term legal interests.  This is especially true for those beginning or in the midst of a divorce action.  Unfortunately, many people attempt to gain an advantage in divorce hearings by through the assertion of domestic violence.

A restraining order issued in these circumstances will have a much greater impact on a person than just the outcome of their divorce, which is substantial enough to warrant immediate action.  The long term consequences are life altering.  Those who are under a restraining order are challenged in every aspect of life from job interviews to a simple traffic stop.  Police treat those who are under a restraining order as a “violent risk” and simply being pulled over for speeding suddenly becomes a major event.

Will you lose custody of your child or the ability to visit with them?  Will a protective or restraining order make any real difference in your life?  Could a restraining order cause you to lose your job?  How will this affect your ability to pay child support?  What should you do if you are falsely accused of violence or stalking?

Learn the answers to your questions.  Speak with Carlsbad family law attorneys with decades of experience with domestic violence issues in a Carlsbad divorce case.  We invite you to review the strong recommendations of our clients and the legal industry and contact Burke & Domercq or call 760-389-3927 to learn more or schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys.