What are some of the common issues in a Carlsbad divorce case? What should you be thinking about if you are considering a divorce?
If you are considering a divorce in Carlsbad or North County one of the most important things you should need to know up front is this:
The cost of your divorce and the time it will take to complete are intricately tied to the amount of disagreement between you and your former spouse on the issues associated with your divorce.
In order for a divorce to be completed, all issues contained within the “Separation Agreement” must be completely resolved.
The Certified Family Law Specialists at Burke & Domercq will help you to full understand the primary issues in your case and the family law which will apply to each of these separate matters. The first thing our Carlsbad divorce and family law attorneys will do is review all of the potential issues in your unique case and help to answer your initial questions about the divorce issues which are most important to you. The common issues in a Carlsbad divorce case include, but are not limited to:
1. How will existing marital assets and debts as well as investment and retirement accounts be fully and transparently identified and communicated between the parties? What will happen to the family home?
2. Child Custody and Parenting Time: how the issues of child custody and parenting time be addressed between you and your former spouse?
3. Child Support: will child support be an issue in your case? If so, in what amount and for how long? What calculations and practices will guide the outcome?
4. Spousal Support: How does the Court determine if Temporary Spousal Support and Permanent Spousal Support is warranted in your case? What’s the difference between the two?
5. Business or Professional Practice: What impact will an interest in a business or professional practice have upon the division of community assets in your case?
We invite you to learn more and contact us or call 760-389-3927 to schedule an appointment for a remote or socially distanced consultation with one of our experienced Certified Family Law Specialists.
Prepare a list of questions and the concerns which are weighing most heavily on your mind, and we can begin to work together to provide answers and insight and develop the strategies which will help you to accomplish your goals and objectives.