High asset divorces in Carlsbad require strategic planning to ensure a fair result. Financially substantive individuals who are considering a divorce should seek the advice of our well established, experienced and proven Certified Family Law Specialists who can provide sound counsel and guidance. The experienced divorce attorneys at Burke & Domercq help to protect our client’s interests in high asset divorces and guide them through the complex process of asset division, business valuation and division, spousal support, parenting time and child support, and other complex issues associated with high asset divorces.
Why do high asset divorces in Carlsbad require strategic planning? There are many important issues to consider in these cases including:
- Establishing a proposed parenting plan and support schedule
- The disposition of the family residence and associated substantial equity
- Positioning of business and/or rental income and association to appropriate expenses to ensure proper accounting for spousal and child support income calculations
- Identification and contents of all bank accounts, investment accounts, safe deposit boxes and offshore financial interests
- Valuation of business ownership interests, and impact of “good-will” upon any active business investment
- Disposition of Retirement vehicles such as 401k, pension or Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Life insurance policy benefits, cash value, and other associated issues
- Division of second residence, vacation property, vehicles, collections and other high value assets
Advance divorce planning allows time to prepare for settlement negotiations, evaluate taxation impact and reflect upon strategic goals for the process. It also helps to protect against abuses such as pre-divorce spending by the other party, or allegations of abuse or neglect in an attempt to affect parenting time or support liabilities.
The experienced Certified Family Law Specialists at Burke & Domercq help to develop a financial strategy for the process of high asset divorces and other divorce case. Effective planning will help to reduce the likelihood of expensive litigation and run-away spending by the other party and needless legal posturing by their representation.
Our reputation in the San Diego family law community is well established. Opposing counsel know that we have the skill and expertise to protect our client’s goals as well as our proven track record in previous high asset divorce cases. They know we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. This increases the likelihood of productive, leveraged negotiation that will achieve the best possible outcome in your case.